TLP: Episode 27
Quick question: could you fit all your trash into a mason jar?
I’ll admit it; I was intimidated by the idea of zero waste for a long time. It did not seem doable—especially as a busy working mom. But something happened over Christmas break. I found myself scrolling on YouTube watching all these “zero wasters” and I just felt so inspired. Maybe going completely zero waste is not something I can manage right now. But I can cut down on my food waste and take a few of the steps outlined in this podcast. Maybe if we all pick three things on the list—or even just one thing—we can reduce our waste in a way that has a tangible impact on our communities and the world.
If you’re interested in learning more about what zero waste is and how to do it, check out these incredible leaders in the movement:
- Lauren Singer’s channel, Trash is for Tossers
- Lavendaire’s video intro to zero waste
- Fairly Local Vegan talks about “family cloth”
- Sustainably Vegan’s video on zero waste travel essentials
- Shelbizlee explains how to eliminate junk mail
- Going Zero Waste is doing a 31 Day Zero Waste Challenge all January
Thank you for listening! If you know someone who might dig this episode, please pass this link along. Click here to support the podcast on Patreon. If you are intrigued by the conversation and want to chime in with your own two cents, I would very much love that. Tweet me @brandyglows and let me know what struck you. Also, join us in the Facebook group!